Thursday, February 21, 2013

Chevron painting


So chevron is kinda a big deal right now. Super easy pattern to paint too! So I wanted some blue sparkly chevron goodness to go over my bed. I'm also on a pretty tight budget, so I wanted it to be cheap. :) So I bought a really inexpensive canvas at the Hob, my favorite craft store, and I measured out how big I wanted my stripes to be. I wanted some chunky big stripes, and I wanted them to be three columns across. Cue some math... And some erasing... And I had my lines drawn! Then I started taping off the edges with plain old blue painters tape.


I had bought a gallon of this gorgeous blue paint for a wall in this apartment that I had painted when I moved in, and I had some extra! If not, I probably would have used acrylic paint. Now I will share a crucial step that I completely skipped... Before you paint the dark color (in my case navy blue) paint the other color over the edge of the tape (in my case white) so that it bleeds under the tape instead of the dark color.... If you're a perfectionist, this is a huge deal... So when I was finished painting, while it was still wet, I sprinkled a little glitter over it. Because, who doesn't need more sparkle in their life? I'll try to take a better close up so you can see it. 


I am still pretty happy with my results, but the edges are definitely blurry! Maybe I'll pretend they're supposed to be that way... 



No comments:

Post a Comment